Cheryl will be posting later on, pero (but) I wanted to put up a few pictures with some explanations. We have had a few visitors inside the house during our time here.  Geckos are a given - they are common and often scurrying on the walls or ceiling. No problem with them since they eat bugs.  We had a very small one living in our shower for a few days.  I thought he was a goner as he was riding the wave at the bottom of the shower but when he got to the edge he just walked up the side and out of the water.  He has moved on now.  They do leave pooh around which looks like mouse turds but with a small white speck on the end.  Today we saw about two dozen buzzards right alongside the road cleaning up a dog casualty from last night. We had a large bullfrog inside a couple of times but he has not been photographed yet.

A small crab about the size of a twonie.

One of the many geckos living with us. So far no running across the arm in the dark of night. 

One of Cheryl's early asks was for some sort of shelf over the toilet to hold the toiletries.  the walls are cement so it would  take a bit to get some holes into the cement and put in some anchors and supports for the unit. I took a closer look at it and saw that if cut the shelf just right it could sit atop the tile ledge.  Here are the before and after shots.  Don't let Cheryl know I took a short cut. I am pretty sure she thinks I am a genius!  I did put a bead of caulking on the underside to hold it in place. Day two of the useful new shelf I heard a guffaw from the bathroom and Cheryl told me I might want to boil my toothbrush as it had fallen into the toilet bowl.  On the upside I appreciated her telling me instead of just putting it back on the shelf.

Before...

Check out the precision of the work on this shelf! Mike Holmes would be proud.



Comments

  1. And Necessity visits you to be the Mother of your invention. Nice that she is universally effective. Bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Necessity visits you to be the Mother of your invention. Nice that she is universally effective. Bueno!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog